Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Obamacare: Enrolled?

I think I just enrolled in one of those Obamacare plans. The Anthem Blue Cross Silver 87, PPO supposedly cost $98.06 using Firefox, but I couldn't seem to find a way to go further with that browser. I quite Firefox, opened Google Chrome and fumbled my way back to the health plans where it showed what seemed to be the same plan at $77.01. 

There was an Enroll button so I clicked on it and signed up, figuring it may take me days to find my way back to the same spot again. I didn't pay too much attention to the actual nuts and bolts of the plan. My main concern was upfront cost and I needed something less than $100.00 but not as low as $1.00 (Firefox still showed the lower cost plans at $2.00, with Chrome showing them at $1.00).

I expected to find some welcome type e-mail in my inbox by now but nothing yet. No, I'm not particularly happy about this. Just something that had to be done, assuming it is done. It could end up being a nightmare as time goes on. Time will tell.

5 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred do you honestly believe that anybody can get decent medical insurance for as little as two dollars a month and even if that turns out to be the case there's no way that could be sustainable
THC

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Those cheapo plans have super high deductibles, which is all that many folks- at least the younger ones- need. Heck, if you took the last two to four years, I wouldn't have had to use any insurance as I've paid my few expenses out of pocket.

But, agreed. It's probably not sustainable, at least at the rate government is subsidizing the plans. I suspect they might have jacked the premiums a bit, too, to give the insurance companies something. Some of those high deductible plans are being listed as starting at 800 bucks a month, then going higher. Hard to believe anyone could have afforded that sort of plan earlier on.

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now when people start sending there money will be the test. Signing up is one thing glad you guys could. Now let us know when you send in your money. Gonna be a big shock when people expect tax returns and dont get them to pay for the obamacare

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

That will indeed be interesting to see. I've been curious how this tax refund thing is supposed to work from the start.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even Congress is starting to under the words armed revolt
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C8VHZNHUeb4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home