Saturday, November 15, 2014

Eureka's Mail Processing Center Closure

More chatter over the proposed shutting down of Eureka's mail processing center with postal employees protesting and circulating petitions yesterday to stop the closure. The Times- Standard covers the story and KIEM TV has a poll up on their web site asking if you'd sign a petition opposing the closure.

I voted No on the KIEM poll, although I don't like the idea of them relocating the processing center. I'm not sure it's that big a deal. So what if mail takes a little longer to get here? I'll adjust, although I might change my mind if I stop getting my 3 Suddenlink ads every week. Then I'll be pissed.

4 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel bad for the honest people that work there. Now for the thieves that steal VA prescriptions, may they be out in the cold on the south side!

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel bad this whole thing is by congressional design.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If I mail my water bill it will go to Medford then back to Eureka and then to HCSD. That should only take about 4 or 5 days or I could drive across town to the most remote place to pay a bil in town and be done with it. If you have important mail coming in it will have to be sorted in Medford and then sent here. How is it going to save money?

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So its fine as long as it doesn't affect you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home