Monday, February 23, 2015

Norman's Dry Cleaners Being Demolished

I just found out via the Nextdoor Neighborhood e-mail list that Norman's Dry Cleaners- in Henderson Center for as long as I can remember- is going to be demolished. Apparently the fire department is going to use it for fire training before it's torn down. Anybody know if it's going to be rebuilt, or just gone forever?

Many have noticed the chain link fence that was put around Norman's some time ago. I'd heard that was in preparation for digging up a bunch of underground chemicals or something along that line. I didn't realize they were planning on tearing the building down.

As an aside, I noticed the chain link fences and excavation being done at the Henderson Center Patriot gas station for a few days. I thought maybe that place might be out of business for some time, too, but after a couple of days they're back in business. I guess it won't be the same with Norman's.

5 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norman's Dry Cleaners moved to 973 Myrtle Ave. in Burre Center at Myrtle and West.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Lol. Thanx. I had no idea. The wife says they also own some laundry down in Old Town?

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Kerry Griffith said...

This was the previous site of a gas station, Joe's 76.

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did some research on the passing of Norman Pedrotti. Anyone have any tidbits or memories of the occurence? So far I've only reviewed the trial on MicroFiche.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

I visited the new Norman's just yesterday. They seem pretty settled in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home