Friday, July 03, 2015

Google Chrome vs. Firefox

I was just getting ready to try and import my bookmarks from Firefox to the new tablet. I read somewhere yesterday something about they automatically show up on the tablet's Chrome browser if you already use Chrome on the desktop. So, I opened up Chrome for the first time in years and will have to say I like what I see.

I've been pissed at Yahoo and Gmail ever since they increased their screen resolution requirements. My monitor wasn't adaptable to theirs so I used the closest setting. That causes problems in both mail programs with not being able to read a whole e-mail horizontally and it often won't let me scroll to the right to see the rest of it. From what I've seen with Chrome in the one minute I had it open, Yahoo and gmail work fine.

The Compose page for this blog works better, too, although the text is smaller- almost too small. So far so good. I'm going to have to try using this for a while. Maybe I'll switch to Google Chrome.

3 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Julie Timmons said...

I've been using Chrome for a year or so, not voluntarily but because I felt forced into it. I had to redo all the bookmarks but other than that I'm content.

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way I have it set up now, there's a toolbar from Firefox at the top of Chrome that has the imported bookmarks. Not sure I like that, but it works well enough.

I can't find an import function on the Chrome on the tablet. There's a bookmarks tab, but no import export that I can find. I thought I'd read they'd automatically synch somehow. Guess not.

I've e-mailed a couple different tech supports for suggestions.

I've already got the exported bookmarks from Firefox in my Gmail inbox. I haven't tried it yet, but I should be able to download that file to the tablet via the tablet's e-mail. On my laptop, that's one way to update bookmarks. I e-mail it to one of my mail accounts, then open that in the laptop, download and use import on Firefox to install and update.

The one on the tablet is different so
I'm not sure what to do. My bum nephew will probably come over today and he may figure it out if I can't.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Ah, the perils of logging in and out of the browsers. That last comment was posted as anonymous. Let's see if this one is posted as from me. It has my name selected.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home