Wednesday, August 26, 2015

New Local Radio: KZZH 96.7 FM

The Mad River Union Reports we have a new radio station starting up In Eureka. 96.7FM will be part of Access Humboldt which offers TV programs on local politics and other events. It reads as if they're still putting things together with no mention of when they start broadcasting.

Let's wish them well. I'm not sure I'll be tuning in. I do watch Access Humboldt on TV every now and again, but I don't surf radio stations as I do television. I will try and remember to listen to it at least once just to see how they're doing.
*****
I recall some years ago being told by some guy of a "pirate"  radio station starting up. I think it was being run out of a house in Arcata. Sounded pretty neat from what the guy told me, but I could never find it on the radio. Not a strong enough signal, I guess, but that shouldn't be the case with KZZH.
*****
As an aside, is it just me, or does anyone else think the Bay Area has a dearth of decent radio stations? It seems whenever we go down there you really have to look for something good on the radio once you get south of Cloverdale. What's that all about? I'm rather proud of the number and quality of radio stations we have up here, especially after coming back from down south.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bay Area radio stations are awful. Very hard to find classic rock. Too much jazz. Too many foreign language stations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home